LBT HARDNESS TESTER
Will test the hardness of suitable Ingots.
However, because ingots typically cool far slower than bullets the hardness
reading you get will be lower than on bullets.
PLEASE! DO NOT USE ANY BRAND OF
COMMERCIAL CAST BULLETS OR COMMERCIAL CASTING ALLOY WITH AN ADVERTISED
HARDNESS AS A HARDNESS STANDARD FOR OUR TESTER! FEW DELIVER AS ADVERTISED.
- Rugged, all steel, welded construction will last a
- Test specimen capacity, 1 inch. Shorten longer and or
pointed bullets to obtain test flat, and or to fit tester.
- Hardness range 6 BHN to 40 BHN (Pure lead runs from 4
to 5, hardest lead, 35.)
- Guaranteed accuracy. 1 BHN repeatability.
- Test time approximately 10 seconds per specimen.
- Only tester available to casters with direct BHN
- Only tester available to casters that is accurate!
- Comes with very detailed operating instructions, which
also include a wealth of technical information and facts about lead hardness
that you won’t find anywhere else. All of it critical to bullet casters
who want performance.
Every tester is manually calibrated at the
factory and should be trusted as your PRECISION hardness standard. When your
bullets read what you know you need, performance will be what you should be
Muzzleloader shooters can obtain VERY
accurate comparison readings on pure lead by laying a coin under the pressure
stop as explained in the instructions. This is the only accurate test we know of
for pure lead.
PRICE $100.00 Shipping $10.00 to any U.S. address.